Pet Photography In-Person Mentoring Seminars
Long Grove Illinois -- April – October
Atlanta GA – January 13 & 14, 2016
Naples, Florida - February 2016
Are you an aspiring dog photographer or a seasoned professional photographer that wants to offer dog photography to your clients? This seminar is perfect for the photographer who wants more hands-on, individual experience. Barbara personally structures each mentoring seminar to suit your needs and skill level.
Barbara will guide you through practical experiences photographing dogs from all walks of life. The mentoring sessions are all about YOU and what techniques and topics you want to focus on -- seeing light, composing images, what to look for when photographing on-location outdoors and indoors, perfecting your studio lighting skills, capturing lifestyle natural portraits or traditional portraits. . . . . . creating innovative, dynamic images that can set you apart from your competitors and clients.
The topics we can cover are:
- creating innovative, dynamic images that can set you apart from your competitors and clients.
- how to shoot in manual mode, camera settings – shutter speed, aperture, ISO, bracketing
- the keys to great composition
- quality of light – ambient (natural), classic lighting patterns for portraits, studio strobe, off camera flash, using light modifiers.
- defining your style
- posing single dog subjects, multiple dogs and dogs with the people they love.
- using props, architectural, nature & visual elements.
- working with dogs and the people they love.
- my tricks of the trade how to capture expression and action.
- working with challenging dogs.
- post processing using Lightroom and Photoshop.
- marketing & branding
- your lifeline – offering excellent customer service
In-Person Mentoring Seminars
(8am - 6pm), photographing and portfolio building.
Barbara's home studio is located in Long Grove, IL a Northwest suburb of Chicago, IL. It is about a 35 minute drive from the Chicago OHare Airport ORD.
Since 2002 Barbara has worked as a professional photographer. Barbara had a store-front retail studio for many years, photographing families, children, corporate and dogs. Presently she is working out of her home studio, which has allowed Barbara to focus only on dog photography and teaching.
Barbara is a national speaker, was a co-founder of Paw Print Divas Workshops and Unleashed Fine Art Pet Photography Workshops. In February 2015, Barbara was one of the platform speakers at Professional Photographer of America PPA national convention, IMAGING USA. Barbara co-instructed a seminar at PPA Imaging USA, national convention on pet photography, January 2011. Barbara is a two-time PPA Platinum Photographer of the Year. Her work was on the cover and she had the feature article in Professional Photographer Magazine, August 2014. Having taught several pet photography workshops, Barbara is dedicated and experienced instructing students on the creative process and building a successful pet photography business.
Please contact Barbara at 847.989.6591 or at email@example.com for inquiries and availability.
Poppyblue Photography is located outside of Chicago in scenic Long Grove. Barbara’s home studio is the perfect location for sessions outdoors or in the comfort of her barn studio located on the property. The mentoring seminars take place at Barbara's home studio and on-location sites. Close by there are forest preserves with open fields with tall prairie grasses and the historic, charming town of Long Grove. All are great locations for photographing and portfolio building.