Behind the Camera
Poppyblue Photography est 2002 serving the greater Chicagoland area and nationwide.
Artistic dog photography
educating aspiring dog photographers
Master Photographer Degree
Certified Professional Photographer
- Getting hugs from my grandchildren Lizzy & Matthew – melts my heart every time.
- I am surrounded by fur at work and home. Yes, I have the best job in the world.
- There is lip balm in every room of my home & studio always in arms reach. My husband feels I may need a (petroleum-free) lip balm intervention.
- Fourth of July - family, friends, bar-b-q, games, fireworks – my most favorite holiday ever.
- My husband & I are living the American Dream – we are empty nesters. Three adult kids all of their own – thank you. I am so enjoying this time in my life.
- I've been told by many that – "I make Lemonade out of Lemons".
February 2015 - Platform Speaker At Professional Photographers Of America PPA National Convention, IMAGING USA presenting to a full house of 750 people.
January 2011 - Co-instructed a day-long seminar at PPA Imaging USA, national convention on pet photography, .
2015 - State Conventions: New York, New Jersey and Louisanna
2013 - present: Numerous photography guilds and association
Having taught several pet photography workshops, Barbara is dedicated and experienced instructing students on the creative process and building a successful pet photography business. Her students come from all over the United States, Canada and all the way down under, Tasmania Australia for a workshop and a private mentorship.
March 2015 - present: Founder/Instructor DogTalk Mentoring - personalized one-on-one instruction on creating dog photography with a "bark" of sophistication.
Locations: Chicago, Leesburg VA, New York, San Fransisco, Dana Point CA, Atlanta, Naples FL and nationwide.
July 2012 - March 2015: Founder/Co-Instructor Paw Print Divas Pet Photography Workshops, locations - Chicago, Houston & Lake Tahoe
August 2009 - December 2011: Founder/Co-Instructor Unleashed | Fine Art Pet Photography Workshops, locations - Chicago, Dallas & Leesburg VA
2013 - present: Instructed PPA affiliated Super One-Day Classes nationwide.
Platinum Photographer of the Year 2013 & 2014
"PPA's International Photographic Competition is the gold standard for photography competitions and features the best of the best photographers from around the world every year. Having an image "go loan"—chosen for inclusion in the world's most prestigious photo exhibit—is an achievement pro photographers cherish." - quote from the PPA IPC website.